We are using workling with RabbitMQ as our background service and monitoring RabbitMQ on scout. Last month, we released a new background job which generates tons of messages in RabbitMQ, then messages in RabbitMQ queue kept growing, that means our workling processes are not many enough to handle that messages. We fixed it by reverting that job, using cron job to handle instead.
We thought about this accident, and we decided to add newrelic support to measure workling instrument, so that we can have an idea about how many messages generates for each job and how much does it cost to consume one message.
We finally released the newrelic-workling 1.0 gem today, thank newrelic's help, we are the official support for newrelic workling, feel free to ping us if you have any question. The following is the screenshot for the workling instrument on newrelic.